Self-love is not something we are born with. It is an art that we can learn and master over time. Self-love is the cornerstone of healthy relationships with others, and our life is actually a mirror that reflects the thoughts we think of ourselves.
“Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny.” – Lao Tzu
Positive affirmations are thoughts/words that go deep into our subconscious, and we usually reflect them in our actions and deeds. Affirmations turn words into action, bring ideas into reality, they shape our lives and change our attitude to ourselves. They help to strengthen self-esteem and our personal self-image.
Let’s look at a few affirmations for self-love.
- I love and accept myself exactly as I am.
- I am a beautiful being full of love.
- I am a person worthy of love and being loved.
- The more I love myself unconditionally, the more love comes into my life.
- I get rid of old patterns and start loving myself more.
- I open my mind and heart to love.
- I take better care of my mind and body because I love myself.
- I live in the present so I can focus on my qualities and beauty.
- I trust myself and my intuition.
- All the energy of love is within me.
- I allow myself to relax and feel calm.
- I am kind and patient with myself.